Monday, November 28, 2011

Gift Ideas: Dress Up Trunk


If I were a thinking man, I would buy the Star Wars costume trunk above and give it to the world's youngest Darth Vader fan. But instead, I am a thrifty lady.

I've already let the world know that December is a busy month for the Flanagan family, in terms of gift giving. This year, I have made it even more challenging by throwing my sister a baby shower and wanting to throw Lucy a 1st birthday talent show. My small-business supporting ways this holiday season have warmed my heart, though, so I can't complain too much.

In addition to supporting small businesses, I have been keeping my eye out for second-hand and vintage items. I have a few people in my life who aren't a fan of anything that's not BRAND NEW, but some of my most beloved treasures have been second-hand and I can't imagine life without them. I want to pass that desire on to my kids, as well.

Therefore, for Jacko's third birthday, I want to gather together costumes for a fabulous dress up box. We have a few things, like a cape and his old Halloween costumes. But I am hoping to expand our collection through hunting at thrift shops and checking out recycling websites like Craigslist or our local classifieds. And I am also dreaming of the perfect trunk to put them all in—easily opened by tiny hands and large enough to rifle through when not just any costume will do.

And if you're questioning whether or not Jacko will enjoy this gift, I present Puss in Boots as exhibit A:
Never let your kids watch Shrek 2 without adult supervision, or your baby Dumbo will get slashed by a spatula sword.

1 comment: