Monday, March 19, 2012

Granny Square Blanket Expert Over Here

After making one to two granny squares almost every night for a few months, I have finally finished my first project from the Granny Square Love book I received for Christmas.

The 35 seven-inch squares went from this:


to this:

I didn't anticipate that it would take as long as it did; then again, I haven't made a huge crochet project since I have had kids. And did you know that kids love balls of yarn? I found that out the hard way, as I had to untangle yards and yards of a few colors of yarn.


The author of Granny Square Love, Sarah London is known for using bright colors in her projects, and I thought that I could do the same. As I went yarn shopping, I looked for the brightest colors I could find—and as Sarah suggests in the blanket project, the more colors, the better! I ended up using five different yarn hues; I wish I could remember the names of all of them. If you are truly interested, leave me a note in the comments and I will do some sleuthing to figure it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment