Monday, February 21, 2011

The Tiers of Laundry


I tend to wear the same few outfits all the time. When I realized this recently, I began to wonder why that situation exists -- do I only have a few cute clothes, am I completely unconcerned with what I look like, do I have a subconscious grudge against my other clothes?

But the answer became clear as I put together that day's load of laundry: I tend to only do the top tier of laundry when I don't have much time throughout the week. And yes, I just admitted that I'm not the best housekeeper in the whole world. Sue me. 

There are three tiers of laundry at the Flanagan house.
1. Cute shirts, my favorite pair of jeans, the jammies that Jack and Lucy love, a few towels, and as much underwear as I can fit. 
2. Caleb's clothes, "around the house" clothes for me (sweats/huge shirts), Jack and Lucy clothes, and dish towels.
3. Towels and socks
And because of that, we are constantly running out of clean towels and clean socks. But, that last part doesn't apply to me, because I don't wear socks! Looks like I have the last laugh; that is, unless I'm the only one in the whole world who has a tier system for their laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment