Tuesday, February 22, 2011

TV Show Hoarding

My free time is less than filled with television watching these days, because I sadly am down to only a few current shows with which I keep up. I'm sure if I had Tivo, I could stretch it out to a handful.

The Biggest Loser is still the biggest winner in receiving my viewership.
And because of the small children running around my house at all times of the night and day (and my dedication to not letting Jack watch anything but kids shows and sports), I really don't have the ability to sit and watch my tv shows live. Therefore, I have developed a terrible habit I am now calling TV Show Hoarding.

Stupid human tricks, I just can't quit you.
The shows that I do care to watch can all be found online, which means that I can watch them whenever I have the chance. If I don't get the chance for a few weeks, they will still be available for me, right? The availability, however, makes it tempting to save up two, three, four, or more shows and then watch them all in a row during a late night with Lucy or a weekend nap of Jack's. If I get the itch to watch a show the day after it airs, the little devil on my shoulder says, "If you wait another week, you'll have more plot/action/drama to chew on all in a row. How about you give it some more time?"

And I wait. And wait. And wait.

This awful habit has made it so that I've lost touch with some shows, for sheer "I want it all" reasoning. Parenthood? Bye-bye. Glee? See ya. The Office, 30 Rock, and How I Met Your Mother? Maybe some other time.

I know, Michael, and I'm sorry. We'll reunite again.

TV on DVD and the luxury of viewing a whole season's worth of shows at my discretion have ruined me. RUINED!

1 comment:

  1. Agreed and ditto. I watched ALL 5 seasons of "Secret Life of the American Teenager" in about 2 weeks. Ridiculous!!! But so enjoyably satisfying. ;)

    ReplyDelete