Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Remember Little Ol' Me?


When the Emmys happened in September, I threw my usual party. I spiced things up by asking my guests to bring their journals along, so we could play "Pick a Page" during the commercials.

The rules are simple:

1. You tell the party guests from which pages or dates they can choose (ex. "1 to 203" or "September 30, 1997 to January 22, 2003").
2. Someone randomly chooses a page number or date.
3. You scan the entry to see if it's something you're willing to share.
4. You read your journal entry aloud, to the delight of the entire party.

My mother introduced me to this game when my sisters and I were little. She is an avid journal writer and has been for her entire life. She loved pulling out her old journals and entertaining us with stories from her childhood and teenage years.

This is such a fun way to relive your memories, and yet enjoy the silliness of your poor spelling or hyper-sensitive issues of years gone by.


I tell you all of this to let you know that I don't believe in writing "Wow, it's been a long time since I've written in my journal" when there's a space of time between entries. I appreciate the kind words and concerns I have received in my blogging absence.

I'm back.

No comments:

Post a Comment