Friday, July 27, 2012

Your Personal Invitation

You guys, I am sick all the time.

I constantly feel like I can't breathe, I get colds easier than Sneezy the Dwarf, and my body aches no matter how much I rest.

And I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.


Sure, I would like to be able to fit into my favorite shirt again or feel like I fit into an airplane seat. But those things come secondary to my desire to feel good again.

That's where you come in.

Previously, I have been known to lead a group called "A Bunch of Losers," a Biggest Loser-type competition where the person with the highest percentage loss of weight wins a great prize at the end of a few months. I have also been known to chicken out and provide the prize myself, even if I had previously asked the participants to add to the pot monetarily. Their participation was worth far more to me than their money.

This time will be different, however.

 
Welcome to the Bunch of Losers competition.

The competition will start July 30th and end on September 30th. At the beginning of the competition, each contestant will weigh themselves to obtain a starting weight. For each week after, the contestant will weigh him- or herself once a week to calculate their percentage of weight loss. At the end of the competition, the person with the highest total percentage of weight loss (from the starting weight to the end weight) will win the prize.

Percentage of weight loss, as opposed to total number of pounds, ensures that people of different weights and heights will have an equal chance of winning.

If you would like to participate, you will have to send me $10 at the beginning of the competition; the easiest and safest way to send money (on the Internet) is through PayPal, but you may also send me a check or whatever works for you. I am going to be stringent on this, because that investment will be a motivator to you and to me. If you feel uncomfortable about this aspect, due to hesitations regarding gambling, please feel free to contact me. The cash prize for the winner will depend on how many people decide to join the group. The more people you convince to join the group, the more money you can win at the end!

Former participants have found great success and camaraderie through this group, including myself—I credit much of my former 45+ lb. weight loss to the motivation from the Bunch of Losers!


I would be grateful to you if you would consider participating. Let me know if you are interested, and please share this group with your friends who want to get healthy too!

No comments:

Post a Comment