Thursday, May 3, 2012

Putting Off Talking About My Feelings For You

My sister gave our April Fool's Day prank a shout-out on Facebook recently. I appreciated the gesture, but I was hoping she was actually attributing the Los Angeles magnet to me instead. I love California, bee tee dub.

Caleb and I were discussing Lucy's illness from this week; she's on the upswing, but she still needs an exorbitant amount of mommy-debilitating snuggles. I told Caleb that Jacko has been a champ during all of this tomfoolery, putting away his three-year-oldness until Lu started feeling better. Big brothers are kind when they want to be.

We were actually able to make it out of the house today for a small trip to WalMart; I bought myself some Diet Coke and the kids some bubbles to make the sick days worth our trouble. Robot dragons and pretend kitchen have been the games of the day, which is much preferable to the recent all-day TV and feverish baby-holding we had been doing.

What I'm trying to say is... I miss you. I miss us. I miss what we had together on this blog.

Like Jacko and the dog Seconds, we have something worth keeping. Just don't lick my heels.

No comments:

Post a Comment