Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A Googly Eyes April Fool's Trick

I would like to throw my lot in with those who had written screeds against April Fool's Day this year. One of my least favorite things in the world is a surprise, which usually goes hand in hand with pranks pulled on that day.

But Jacko saw something on the screen while I was scrolling through Pinterest and I knew we had to do it for April Fool's Day this year. I wish I had the link to the idea's source, but I didn't end up pinning it. How like life.

The prank was simple: put googly eyes around your house to make inanimate objects seem alive. The picture Jacko saw suggested doorknobs, so that's what we did first.


But I had bought a lot more googly eyes than we have doorknobs, so we went a little stark raving mad.


Caleb acted appropriately pranked, even though I had warned him about it the night before. He admitted that if I had not told him, he probably wouldn't have even noticed it. How like life.

We have left the eyes up, Lucy permitting, because they still make Jacko's heart race with excitement upon seeing them.

He's such a cool dude.


1 comment: