Friday, December 30, 2011

Pop Culture Loves: Mid-Season TV

When Jack runs into some trouble, he says, "Uh-oh, I have a plob-lem."

After surveying the upcoming new shows that start next month, I realized that I may have an addiction to NBC programming. Two of the four shows I am excited about are on the National Broadcasting Company channel. And with all of my pop culture sights set on television shows lately, my brain feels full of NBC synergy and corporate mind-washing. If that channel ever goes under, I will have a plob-lem.

Here's a peek into the shows I am dying to watch come January.

Smash, NBC
In the vein of current hit Glee, Smash appears to be a TV musical extravaganza. The show is based around a musical about Marilyn Monroe and those putting it on; Katherine McPhee of American Idol fame has been featured in all of the commercials, though I imagine that the other renowned members of the cast have more than a little screen time themselves.

Project Runway All-Stars, Lifetime
My perennial favorite show Project Runway is running its second iteration of an all-star season. The first has a few of my favorite former contestants, such as Santino Rice and Danial Vosovic, but this season offers a bucketload of people I loved the first time around. Austin Scarlett (of Season One's corn husk dress fame), Kara Janx, Anthony Williams, and shoulda-been winner Mondo Guerra round out the cast that I am just dying to see.

Fashion Star, NBC
And for something completely different, a supermodel will host a garment-making contest that is judged by trusted names in the fashion industry. Wait...that sounds familiar. Who am I kidding?

I am for sure going to watch Elle McPherson work it out, as well as root on one of my favorite celebrity mamas, Nicole Richie. And did you know that Caleb once had a signed picture of Jessica Simpson in her Daisy Dukes? Not no more, he don't!

Don't Trust the B*tch in Apartment 23, ABC
Any show that features James Van der Beek as himself is worth giving a shot. End of story.


Add these shows to the already-full list of returning programming I watch on the regular:
And don't forget all of the TV shows I am trying to catch up on through Netflix. To the pop culture rookie, this may seem like a lot. But, a seasoned professional like me can handle it. I am one happy, television-watching dame.

What shows are you looking forward to in 2012?

1 comment:

  1. ONE TREE HILL's final season! <3 <3 <3 And still digging the new shows: Person of Interest and Once Upon a Time! Oh, and I could NEVER leave out The Walking Dead. Bring it on! :D

    ReplyDelete