Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Come This Time Each Year

My mojo has been lacking these last few days; and though I am excited for the holidays that approach, I am feeling particularly lost in other arenas of my life. As I understand it, this time of year can be known as a soul-sucking downer. And I'll admit: being an adult during Christmas is much more difficult than being a child, so I get the downer part.


But in a tradition that spans my entire married, I'm going to write my grown-up Christmas list here on my blog. I would link to some of the other lists, but I'll admit that I am embarrassed about them. I think I asked to be in a rock band in 2007 and to receive a boxing Santa pen in 2008.

This year, I wish...
  • ...To believe it & be it, a la Ali Vincent
  • ...For every handmade item I have ever featured on my blog. I appreciate the hard work of each person who puts their heart and soul into their items.
  • ...That my kids will have the most fun Christmas ever. I could not receive one present this year, and I would be pleased to simply watch their eyes light up upon opening each of their presents.
  • ...I would stop hurting people I love. Sometimes I decide to do things that are self-destructive (don't we all?) and it ends up being destructive to not just myself. I'm not sure how to remedy this.
  • ...For the people in my life who are truly ailing to be filled with hope.
  • ...I were able to spend more time with those ailing people. If I had my druthers, I would be spending every second with Mike and Kelsae and their families while Mike heals from his stroke. I ache to witness such small hopeful moments like Cari describes here.
  • ...For my baby nephew to make his debut in January as a healthy, happy ball of snuggles.

1 comment:

  1. can i just say how absolutely cheering that beautiful disneyland castle picture is? i love it.

    ReplyDelete