Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I Wish I Could Be a California Girl


When I travel, I feel completed disconnected to the online world. I can't say that it's on purpose, but I would be lying if I said I try hard to get online but fail in doing so.

But when I come to my hometown of Redlands, California, all bets are off. I can't tear myself away from the happenings at any moment to get to a computer. I happen to be here in Redlands right now. I am sitting on the loveseat that has seen many a Sunday nap, looking at the top of the fridge where my mom has kept the sharpies for years, and wishing that my dad would come home soon from teaching high school just like I always have. I often enjoy my time in my parents' house, and I am only online right now because it's nap time.

Scheduling guest bloggers and writing scheduled posts would have been a responsible thing to do. I am not really into "responsible" right now.

I am into guaranteed sun, comfy family gatherings, tangible delight, and eclectic southern California compadres.

Don't make me go back to Utah! I think I will cry on the way back to Utah.

1 comment:

  1. I did! I cried two nights before I had to go back and the day of. Let it out my friend. Nothing's changed in good ol' Utah since you've been gone. Live it up CA style!

    ReplyDelete