Thursday, March 25, 2010

Even After His First Haircut, Jack Gets Crazy Nap Hair

It's been a long time. There have been a lot of adventures going on -- here are a few to whet your appetite.

P.S. I knew that "whet" in that phrase definitely had the "h" in it, without even having to look it up. Booyah to all those who thought my knowledge went out the window when I took up baby-making!



Jack is the most fabulous, quirkiest boy in America. Some of his current obsessions include:

  • Doing dishes. He insists on being held while I do them, and he cries when there are no more dishes to be done.
  • Repeating consonant sounds. He vocalizes that he wants the pot on the stove by saying "P-p-p-p" and talks about Corbin with "C-c-c-c-c." We're still working on whole words, but this is cute for the time being.
  • Baby Sign. He can sign "Monster," "Hot," "Again," "Thank You," and when he wants to sing "A-Ram-Sam-Sam" -- my favorite preschool song.
  • Keeping it incredibly real by insisting to have his shoes and jacket on, no matter what else he's wearing. Jack has found that shoes and no pants are a glamorous combination.
  • Spinning. Any time the word is mentioned, he will immediately start pivoting on one foot around and around; this obsession has blended into his obsession with parent participation, which has made for a very dizzy mama.

Caleb and I have been having a really good time together. After someone finally went to the doctor (there is a high possibility that that person is me), things have been going swimmingly. Caleb had an interview for a job in West Valley City that went well; we're hoping that things progress with that, because Caleb has a lot to offer and is super awesome. We all just took a trip down to Ladera Ranch, CA for a Flanagan family reunion; there was not one bad thing to be said about the trip, especially for Jack. He loved seeing his aunts and his grandparents, as well as the growling jaguar he saw at the San Diego Zoo. I took part in a girls' night that left me with some crazy cool highlights. I've also lost 40 pounds since August; I'll be entering the last half of my 20s skinnier and healthier than I did the first half! I actually now weigh what it says I weigh on my driver's license.

And it's almost March 30th, which means I'm going to be the big 2-5!

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday tomorrow! You look GREAT in that picture. And your knowledge of words and vocabulary amazes me :)

    ReplyDelete