Sunday, October 11, 2009

The World is Spinning and I Want to Know Why



I'm thinking a lot about words recently. I really like the sound of most of them.

Albuterol being one of them. Especially the "bu" part. Such are the thoughts of an armchair etymologist.

**********

This weekend has been the orange-hued, soft-skinned, cool-breezed time that I thought would always be happening once we had a baby in our life. I can't stop looking at my baby and my husband like they are puffy cloud dreams, which is not always the case when they make my life a little more than hectic.




Caleb and I were able to have a double feature movie date on Saturday, thanks to Carlie. We went to see The Invention of Lying (better than I thought it would be, 7 out of 10) and 9 (infinitely scary with an anemic plot, 2 out of 10), but more importantly we got to put our brains on auto-pilot for 4 hours in a row. During more than a few moments during the date and afterward, I could have sworn that we were dating again; the excited butterfly feeling from our first days together were all up in my business.

And Jack has been more cuddly, fun, and downright urbane (in an infant way) than I have ever seen him. The more he's been able to showcase his personality, the more I have felt like his mommy. Beforehand, I've felt like he was on loan to me; not that I wasn't his caregiver, but that he was this precious spirit that I was given. I guess these last 10 months that I've been able to sully him up have really endeared him to me.

I don't want this weekend to end.

*****************

Though I have scored a big ol' 0% for two weeks in a row, I am finally feeling comfortable with the whole weight loss thing. I've now lost 15 pounds in 10 weeks, and I'm at my pre-babies weight (which is not necessarily the flag on top of the mountain that most women try to achieve). Let's be honest, it is still at an unhealthy level. It's a HUGE achievement, though. I am looking in the mirror and saying, "Daaaaang, I look alright." Just a couple of months ago, my pants weren't fitting because they were too tight - now they are really embarrassing me as they slide down to my knees when I walk. Embarrassing in a good way, though? Maybe? There is one more month to go for the Bunch of Losers group I formed, and I'm going for the gold.

***********

Here are a few things I'm obsessed with lately:



 

 

 


1 comment: