Monday, April 16, 2012

The Week of W(h)it: Choice Words and Misplaced Affection

Whitney makes friends wherever she goes, and sometimes she shares those friends with me. 

But I haven't always been there to experience the funny times our friends have. Here are a few first-hand accounts of silly things that have happened.

Shawna Packer, dreamboat and a half.
One time, we were walking back to our cars from an event on BYU campus. Another couple commented on how nice their car looked because her husband had just washed it.

Whitney's retort was "Look at my car. It looks like [my husband] Joe just took a dump on it."

I'm not entirely sure why, but that's my husband Ed's favorite. It always gets him rolling.


Joe Dixon, our adorable friend from church while we all attended BYU.
There was one time that we were at church in the good ol' BYU ward.

My wife Liz and Whitney were wearing very similar black sweaters that day. A group of us were talking towards the front of the chapel. Liz was not with me, as she was talking to someone elsewhere in the chapel.

When out of the corner of my eye, I saw a girl who I thought was Liz come stand next to me. I put my arm around her but kept talking without looking at who it was.

A minute later, I looked over—it was Whitney with an embarrassed look on her face. Poor Joe didn't look any better.

The Week of W(h)it is a collection of funny stories about my friend Whitney Hardie and the people she knows. Whitney's mother recently died and this project is a way to help her grieve through humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment