Friday, January 6, 2012

Library Catalog Love

I feel more comfortable sharing embarrassing stories about my life than I do sharing any type of creativity tips. But I can't stop thinking about how much I love library catalogs as home decor, thanks to The Big Bang Theory.


If you peek in the back of Sheldon and Leonard's apartment, you'll see a tiny library catalog. I believe that its smaller size and obvious point of view makes it the perfect, unobtrusive decor statement. And if you follow the geeky show at all, you'll know that it's also spot-on for those nerdy guys.

Whenever I read about these library catalogs for use in homes, the advice for getting one is always the same:

Go on ebay, go to estate sales, or just cross your fingers that you'll come across one someday.

Thus far, I have held fast to that third bit; I don't have the disposable income to spend on the kind of catalog I'd like, but I bet that if I saw one in person, I'd blow all sorts of money to get it. Until that fateful meeting, I will just have to admire library catalogs from afar. Join me, won't you?





3 comments:

  1. I LOVE library catalogs! I've always wanted one (or the room for one) in my place. My mom found one a couple of years ago at an antique fair and I dibsed it when she (years and years and years from now) eventually passes. Morbid, yes, but she was OK with it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG -- I am obsessed with "The Big Bang Theory"! Seriously...Soul mates! lol. Those card catalogs always make me think of the first scene of "Ghostbusters". Everything about them is appealing, even the cards. The next best thing in my book is an apothecary cabinet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm - although it sounds like a cool thing to have, is it really an item useful in the increasingly digital future? I've been thinking about the sheer headache of moving physical stuff around throughout college and have decided to switch to electronic media. Do you think you'll always have physical books, Holly?

    ReplyDelete