Saturday, November 19, 2011

Brainstorming for Participation Points

If you check out the sidebar to your right, you will see a section called "Participation Points." I am extremely proud of my participation in those events; taking online courses and sharing ideas with people around the world has broadened my horizons immensely. I am now hoping to throw my hat into the ring, even in a small way, if only because I have selfish reasons.

**********************

My exercise regimen has been going really well; the clarity of mind and invigoration of body has been astounding. What has not been particularly astounding is my weight loss. Yes, I have been losing some inches and I am thrilled about that. But as I have been drowning myself in episodes of The Biggest Loser on Netflix Streaming (every single episode of every season is available), I have realized what I have been missing—a buddy. The camaraderie that each person on that show enjoys pushes them to greater heights. I want that feeling.

A never-before-seen photo of me at my fittest EVER—circa March 2009

I have had successes and failures in hosting Biggest Loser-type competitions. The many iterations have been full of Facebook friends, who may or may not have actively participated. The first couple of times I did this competition, I was so motivated and extremely inspired. The most recent one was an epic fail for me. At the time, I wasn't a good enough companion for myself. Now, I want to have a partner to inspire me and to motivate me—I know I wouldn't want to let my partner down!

If you would be interested in participating in a Biggest Loser pairs competition sometime soon, please let me know through the comments or shoot me an email at luxurious (at) gmail (dot) com. You can "bring" a friend or get set-up with someone by yours truly. I always provide a fantastic prize to the winner (usually a gift card I can send you online) and I am hopeful that I can moderate a great forum where we can all gather together for support. 

*******************

The other thing I have been thinking about doing in a grouptastic fashion is a Friends and Family talent show. There is a Yo Gabba Gabba episode called "Talent," and I know that many people I love have loads of talent. I threw it out there as a jokey idea, but the more I think about it the more I want to do it. I don't know what my talent would be, but it definitely wouldn't be a rehash of this amazing performance of "Crazy in Love."

3 comments:

  1. BEST. VIDEO. EVER!!!

    I would love to do a biggest loser type thing, although ... the other person that I know who would want to join me is already on her own fitness plan, but I wouldn't mind being paired up with a buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, I would so do a talent show. I'm in.

    Partners stress me out. Also, I don't think I know anybody. But partners probably stress me out because I'm accountable. Clearly, I'm ambivalent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've never heard this song before, but this video makes me love you even more. :) i will cheer you on in your weight loss journey!

    ReplyDelete