Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Pop Culture Faves of the Moment


The greatest pop culture podcast in all the world is Extra Hot Great. They recently did an episode where they awarded their own "Extry" awards to deserving television actors and shows. Not only were Glark, Wing Chun, and Joe R. there, but so were two of my VERY favorite internet superstars, Pamie and Mark Blankenship. The ringing laughter of Pam and Tara combined to make my favorite episode of this podcast yet. Warning: Slightly Salty Language!



The Head and the Heart is a band that I found through Moorea's blog and instantly, I thought that my cousin Cari would like them. I hope that you do, too.



I am not too into hunting in general, but something about this duck hunt drawing pulls me in. This, and many other awesome Moleskine drawings are found here.



NBC's The Voice has become my favorite summertime show (I'll never forget you, Wipeout!). I don't have to trudge through weeks and weeks of blah performances like on American Idol, plus I get to see my main men Cee-Lo Green and Adam Levine. Watching Adam has put me on a Maroon 5 bender -- I can't stop listening to them!



Though I am an Xavier fan, I hear a lot of people come out of X-Men: First Class talking about Michael Fassbender as Magneto. I can't wait to go and see this movie. And for all my Fassbender friends -- here are 50 reasons that Michael Fassbender is the sexiest man alive.

2 comments:

  1. I have also been on a maroon 5 kick! And also Matchbox 20. Clearly for different reasons :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. X-men was AWESOME and I have to admit that Prof. X and Magneto were cast PERFECTLY. I'm not as familiar with the other characters, but I'd say that Mystique was pretty spot on too.

    ReplyDelete